A couple of my daycare kids are crazy about peanut butter right now! So, I thought I’d find some healthy recipes to try out with them. These PB & J Buckwheat Crepes were a huge hit from day one. Best of all, they are low in sugars, gluten free, dairy free, and super fast and easy to make.
Kids can help with this recipe by cracking the eggs, measuring the ingredients and adding them to the blender. Once the crepes are cooked, they can spread peanut butter and jam before folding and devouring their tasty snack.
These crepes are also tasty with other fillings, such as pesto and mozzarella cheese or mashed banana and honey. Use your imagination – and let your kids use theirs! Without further ado, here’s your recipe:
PB & J Buckwheat Crepes
A gluten free recipe adapted from Gluten Free Girl
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour (affiliate link)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (or other milk of choice)
- Coconut Oil
- Natural no-sugar added Peanut Butter
- No-sugar added Jam or fruit preserves
- Blend the milk, flour and eggs together in the blender.
- Heat some coconut oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet. You may need to spread it around a bit with a silicone spatula to make the crepe thin.
- Once the top is barely solidified, flip the crepe and cook for a few seconds on the other side.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Spread the peanut butter and jam on one side of each crepe before folding. Serve warm.