I have a pretty serious sweet tooth – especially when I haven’t been sleeping much. To help counter my sugar cravings I keep a collection of healthy recipes on hand that take the edge off. Today, I’ll share my new favorite with you.
This recipe is super simple and easy to make so invite the kids to help. Toddlers can peel the banana, preschoolers can crack the eggs and school age kids do it all with some close supervision.
Despite being so easy (and tasty) these pancakes are packed full of protein, potassium, magnesium and vitamin C. The are also free of dairy, gluten and added sugar.
I’ll be making a repeat of this recipe for dinner tonight and serving it with fresh berries and a side salad.
Yup. Pancakes for dinner. It’s that kind of day.
Grain Free Banana Pancakes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Fresh Strawberries
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl.
- Peel the banana and break it into pieces. Add it to the bowl.
- Use electric beaters to mix thoroughly.
- Heat some oil in a pan and cook up your pancakes.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries.
- Place in a bowl and mash up with a potato masher.
- Spoon on top of the pancakes and serve.