I recently found this wonderful recipe at a new favorite blog of mine, Juggling Real Food and Real Life. It is simple and healthy, making it a great recipe for kids.
I was baking with a toddler so I made sure everything was prepared in advance. I did the measuring. He was in charge of dumping ingredients into the bowl and stirring.
The blueberries looked too good not to sample. Luckily I’d thrown in a few extras.
The kitchen smelled so good while they were baking. My friend and I enjoyed several Oat Bites throughout the day. I was surprised to see how fast they went.
Next time I’ll make a double batch and freeze some to have around as quick snacks.
Blueberry Oat Bites
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Milk OR Milk of Choice
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Seeds OR 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries (thawed)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease the muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the honey, coconut oil and coconut milk. Mix.
- Add the oats and seeds. Mix.
- Add the blueberries. Mix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from the tin. Place the Oat Bites on a cooling rack until they are completely cool. I hope you enjoy!